Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Votts FS in Melbourne, FL.....

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2008
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Votts FS in Melbourne, FL.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    The 511B is 23 5/8" wide the A7 is 30" so the scale is about right. 3 inches on either side...
    I agree. I was more so observing the height.

    511b being 10 5/8" tall per the pdf.
    http://www.altecpro.com/pdfs/vintage...0HF%20Horn.pdf

    It could well just be an optical illusion, but the height looks to be on par with the nominally 15" woofer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Regarding 311's...they don't have the mounting flanges.
    ... but that would cinch it though. I'll defer to the experienced. :-)

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Votts FS in Melbourne, FL.....

    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    Oface,

    You had me excited for a moment. Alas, the wrong Melbourne for me.

    Marshall.

    Sorry about that mah....


    I emailed the seller, he said they are still available......



    -chris

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Votts FS in Melbourne, FL.....


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Votts FS in Melbourne, FL.....

    Quote Originally Posted by gearfreak View Post
    I agree. I was more so observing the height.

    511b being 10 5/8" tall per the pdf.


    It could well just be an optical illusion, but the height looks to be on par with the nominally 15" woofer.

    Ahh but bear in mind 15" was the outside frame...the cutout is 6 5/8" radius on an A7 or 13 1/4" diameter...

    13 1/4" -10 5/8 = 2 5/8" difference....not a lot. I suspect the big board behind the 511 is tricking your vision...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2008
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Votts FS in Melbourne, FL.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Ahh but bear in mind 15" was the outside frame...the cutout is 6 5/8" radius on an A7 or 13 1/4" diameter...
    13 1/4" -10 5/8 = 2 5/8" difference....not a lot. I suspect the big board behind the 511 is tricking your vision...
    Ahh, exactement! touch?

    Yup, that big board and expecting to see them in black is throwing me off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.